Just1word is a non-profit 501c(3) organization that is “Changing the way you view the Bible”.
|Seek||Wherever you are in life — whether you’ve grown up in church or you’ve never entered one. See what the Bible has to say about the big questions in life.|
|Find||Whether it’s an answer to a question, a passage, a phrase or something random, with search, finding it is just a click away.|
|Connect||Are you on Facebook or Twitter? Become a fan of our Facebook page or Twitter account and join the thousands that get the latest from Just1word daily.|
As the most popular site of its kind, Just1word attracts a broad audience of students and adults. The site is constantly being updated, so check back often to see the latest.
|Tax-deductibility:||Non-profit 501c(3) tax-exempt organization, IRS Determination letter|
|Affiliation:||Independent - non-denominational|
We believe the Bible is like no other book ever published. As Abraham Lincoln put it:
“I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good of the Savior of the world is communicated to us through the Book. But for it, we could not know right from wrong.”
“Without Divine assistance I cannot succeed; with it I cannot fail!”
Contributions / Advertising
As a non-profit organization, Just1word depends on contributions from individuals and organizations. Individuals can contribute to Just1word as part of our “Friends of Just1word” program.
If you would like to contribute, donate here.
Churches, clubs, schools and companies can support Just1word’s efforts through the “Partners of Just1word” program. Click here to become a Partner today and receive a thank you on the site with a corresponding link back to your site!
As a non-profit organization, Just1word does not sell advertising.
We welcome any thoughts, ideas or feedback that you would like to share. We are always open to discussing opportunities with others who share our vision.
We would like to recognize the following organizations that have contributed to Just1word:
- Barbour Publishing, Inc. — for licensing the Illustrated Bible Dictionary to Just1word.
- Good New Publishers — for licensing the English Standard Version (ESV) to Just1word.
- Biblica — for licensing the New International Version (NIV) and La Santa Biblia, Nueva Version Internacional (NVI) versions to Just1word.
- The Lockman Foundation — for licensing the Amplified Bible (AMP), The New American Standard Bible (NASB), La Biblia de las Americas (LBLA) and Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana de Hoy (NBLH) versions to Just1word.
- Moody Bible Institute — for licensing maps and study notes to Just1word.
- NavPress — for licensing The Message version to Just1word.
- Thomas Nelson, Inc. — for licensing the New King James Version (NKJV) and the New Century Version (NCV) versions to Just1word.
- Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. — for licensing the New Living Translation (NLT) version to Just1word.
- Zoecity.com — for featuring Just1word and exchanging links on their Christian portal site.
Please contact us if you're interested in being added to this list.
The Bible is
- ...the world's all-time best seller and the most translated book.
- ...written by Kings, peasants, philosophers, fishermen, poets, and scholars.
- ...written over a period of about 1600 years.
- ...translated into over 6,000 different languages around the world.
- ...able to be read aloud in about 70 hours.
- ...actually a collection of books, some long, some short.
- ...composed of two major sections: the Old Testament and the New Testament.
- ...rooted in and intertwined with actual human history.
- ...in three languages: Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.
- ...by about 40 men.
- ...on three continents: Asia, Africa and Europe
- ...in different places. (i.e. wilderness, dungeon, palaces)